The SAT, ACT and SSAT can be intimidating, but test-taking strategies can prepare your student for success. With my comprehensive college admissions test prep courses, your student will achieve a score worthy of their true potential.
- Critical Reading
- General test-taking strategies
My Courses Include:
- Twelve to sixteen sessions of individualized instruction over six to eight weeks (length depends on the relevant test). Sessions are conducted in my home, each lasting one hour. Scheduling is flexible based on mutual availability twice per week – typically one on weekday evenings and the other during the day on weekends.
- Detailed review and assessment of performance on all practice tests.
- Mastery of test-taking strategies through comprehensive drills and practice exercises covering all aspects of the SAT, ACT or SSAT.
- Our goal is for each student to take several practice tests so that on test day they will be calm, cool, collected and comfortable because they already know exactly what is coming and what to expect. They will be READY!
Each student will also receive a comprehensive booklet entitled: Cardinal Rules of the SAT or ACT, highlighting test-taking strategies for each section of the relevant test in a nutshell.
Class size is small to ensure effective personalized instruction – typically one-on-one instruction, but class size may increase to 2-3 students from time to time. There will be mandatory homework assigned between sessions. It is recommended that sessions begin a minimum of 8 WEEKS prior to the registered test date. Click here to check SAT, ACT, and SSAT test dates for the current year.
Please contact me to schedule your child’s program start date. If you don’t feel your child needs the entire course, but would benefit from individual sessions focusing on a particular area or areas, that is also a possibility. We could also meet for individual sessions at a rate of $80/hour.
If you have any further questions, I would be glad to answer them. I wish you all the very best for a successful and rewarding school year!